Yesterday I picked up TitanFall, a game I had been anticipating for quite some time. Since I am currently doing all of my gaming on the XBox360, my wait was a little longer. The game, originally slated to come out for Xbox 360 March 27th was pushed back to April 8th. So, my excitement for this release was growing for some time.
I have heard all of the hype around this game, “the Future of Multi-player gaming” and the constant touting of it’s numerous gaming awards. How on Earth can something with so much hype, so many accolades and so much chatter surrounding it’s release NOT live up to expectations?
In Titanfall, players fight as mech-style Titans and their pilots in six-on-six matches set on a war-torn planet. The game’s action is fast-paced, with wall-running pilots, gameplay optimized for continual action, and when including the artificial intelligence, up to 50 active characters in a game
I started as most did when first playing TitanFall, through the training mode. Although this was a bit boring at certain points as it seemed to drag on longer than needed, it furthered my excitement to jump into real action. Everything seemed rather bad ass. Wall Running. The ability to absorb and redeploy enemy fire. Assassination/Execution ability. The chance to level up. And a pretty badass Titan.
Yep, seemed like this game was primed to take a good chunk of my free time.
But then I entered the gameplay, in “Campaign” and this is where this game failed on every level.
Sure the action is intense and your abilities make it fun and interesting, but that only lasts a few minutes as you realize there is absolutely no effort to telling any kind of story with this game. None. Zilch.
I had no clue of any objectives, a reason to why I was doing what we were doing and the only thing that seemingly differentiated one stage from the next was the environment. I leveled up but had no clue what exactly contributed to my leveling, how XP was gauged or how on Earth I could see upgrading anything regarding my Pilot or my Titan.
Grant it, I played this for a a little over an hour and reached Level 4, so I could have gave up before things drastically changed. But this game gave me no incentive to continue playing.
It’s repetitiveness dulled my experienced. It bored me. It forced me to turn off the game and I haven’t turned it back on since then.
To me, TitanFall seems better suited in an arcade. Even though arcades are pretty much extinct nowadays, this is the type of style that fits an arcade machine perfectly. Something you can spend 5-20 minutes on with a few friends. No storyline. Very to the point and straightforward. But as a console game this seemed like a lazy effort.
If this is “the future of Multi-player gaming” then that future is grim.
I suggest TitanFall look at Borderlands before making that claim ever again. It may behoove them to try being the least bit creative with a story. While Halo 4 can be repetitive, there are so many layers to the gaming experience that any repetitiveness is easily forgotten.
Hence why TitanFall was a Titanic Failure. I’ll give this game another try some day and maybe I’ll change my tune, but i highly doubt it.
Gamactica Adds Special Feature Dedicated to Mixer Streamers
Gamactica continues to develop their impressive website, diversifying it’s offerings to streamers and gamers after it’s initial launch in October 2018.
Excited to officially announce our Mixer LIVE Streams page, which will show up to 50 Mixer channels currently streaming LIVE, automatically broadcasting for our members when they go live!! Incredible marketing benefit. Read more ! https://t.co/D9rWVcn4cT pic.twitter.com/6H8oDIO8Tm
— Gamactica (@Gamactica) December 22, 2018
At least with Gamactica’s latest offerings, it not only provides that resource to Mixer streams, but it also introduces a cross-marketing aspect of their site, introducing both viewers and streamers from Twitch to those on Mixer, and vice versa.
Now, some of the community’s top Twitch streamers will be added to the Twitch LIVE section, but also in a more prominent section, for Featured Twitch channels, giving an extra layer of focus, spotlighting, and attention to those members.
This provides and obvious boost to their Twitch marketing benefits, allowing members to reach an even broader audience to broadcast to.
It’s all another promising step for a brand that is looking towards an exciting 2019.
Couple with their recent unveiling of their dating gamers group, which offers dating for gamers (still being developed), it will be interesting to see what is next for Gamactica as they continue to move towards a full launch, which is expected to arrive sometime in 2019.
For now, Mixer and Twitch streamers can both reap the benefits of a true social network community geared for their industry, but also one that offers viable marketing options, all of which are rooted in organic methodology.
Make sure you show your support, and venture over to their Stream Directory to see what they have going on.
5 Things To Make ‘Friday the 13th: The Game’ Better
It’s been a challenging journey for the creators of the wildly popular ‘Friday the 13th: The Game’, from a horribly mishandled launch that was rich with errors, bugs and server crashes that halted the game’s momentum.
Since then the game has improved. Glitches are being addressed, the server’s have improved and a chunk of the errors that haunted this game during it’s launch have been somewhat rectified.
Now, with rumors heating up that the game is preparing for a new DLC for the game which will introduce a storyline mode and possibly new maps, councilors and killers.
All it’s issues aside, the game is addictive and fun, a fresh breathe of air in what can be at times a stagnant gaming industry that churns out games that only slightly differentiate from popular titles and franchises.
So, as Friday the 13th preps for a new DLC, here are some additions the game could make to make the experience that much better:
1. Add Pamela Voorhees
This isn’t anything “earth-shattering” but it makes sense. Anyone who has seen the first ‘Friday the 13th’ knows that the killer was Jason’s mother, Pamela Voorhees.
Adding good ole’ Mom to the game as a killer has it’s challenges as Pamela doesn’t have the same supernatural abilities that her living dead son Jason does such as ‘Shift’, ‘Morph’, ‘Stalk’ and ‘Sense’.
But, with a little creativity, Pamela can be added and be effective. Maybe she doesn’t show up on radar because of an insanely high stealth ability, which could make up for the lack of ‘Shift’ or ‘Stalk’.
‘Sense’ could be added to make things more balanced. Nobody knows these camps better than Pamela.
To make things even more interesting, maybe Pamela can call police, once they are called by a counselor, to tell them that the prior call was a prank, thus negating a call to police.
Pamela can also disable cars and boats that have had a battery installed, making counselors go back to find another.
Pamela would be an even bigger nuisance if she could enter cabins and rummage through drawers, taking items such as car keys, knives, health sprays and phone fuses before counselors could.
It’s a different element to the game but is makes Pamela a threat and a legit killer. Maybe she has a rage mode that allows her to violently attack a counselor she has in her sights and perhaps a cloaking ability that allows her to sneak up to kill an unsuspecting counselor.
2. Add More Counselors, Maps & Jason’s, Crazy Ralph, & Create a Counselor
This goes without saying. The 3 maps (Packanack, Higgins Haven and Camp Crystal Lake) have been exhausted.
While the game is true to the movie’s roots, adding maps such as ‘Jason vs. Freddy’. ‘Jason X’, and even ‘Friday the 13th (2009), would help keep the game fresh. Fans have even asked for a small ‘Jason Takes Manhattan’ version to liven things up.
Create-a-Counselor would be a welcomed addition and add more value to CP/XP and perk rolls. In addition to perk rolls, you can roll for abilities and incorporate a balancing system that forces players to choose which perks work best for their counselor while sacrificing others.
The franchise is rich with counselors there should be a dozen more added to motivate players to continue their efforts to level up.
And please add ‘Crazy Ralph’ would would be an additional “scare” element much like someone stumbling upon a dead body. Having Ralp bicycle around, hide in closets only to expose hiding counselors or scream “you’re doomed, you’re all doomed”, seems like so much fun.
3. Add A Single Player Mode (Non-Storyline)
This should be playable from a few different vantage points; Pamela Voorhees, Tommy Jarvis, A counselor and Jason.
There are endless routes to go.
4. Add A High-Risk, High-Reward Sex Component
What is associated with campy horror movies such as the ‘Friday the 13th’ franchise series than sex, sex, sex?
Allowing the option for a counselor to “hook up” with another counselor could be a fun high-risk, high-reward element to the game.
Perhaps upon “completion” (no pun intended), the two counselors see a significant boost in speed, stamina and composure for a specific amount of time.
The catch? Well, this is high-risk meaning that during this action players will be unable to disengage for a specific amount of time and be far easier for Jason to track, making them much easier to find. Maybe it allows him to see where they are without ‘Sense’?
Food for thought.
5. Add More Than Tommy Jarvis
Calling Tommy Jarvis is fun and effective and an essential part of the game, but adding some of the other counselors who were able to thwart Jason Voorhees in the movies would be ideal.
Perfect candidates include:
Tina Shepard (Part 7)
Chris (Part 3)
Ginny (Part 2)
Alice (Part 1/ for Pamela Voorhees)
Creighton Duke (Jason Goes to Hell)
Battlefield 1 Update Is Here
This past Monday DICE discussed a major update coming for Battlefield 1. That update, named the ‘Winter Update’ has arrived and it packs a ton of goodies including the return of ribbons from past Battlefield games, a class ranks jump from 10 to 50 and new stuff to earn for reaching your max class rank.
Also, you can no longer get killed by a horseback rider using a saber from “multiple meters away,”which should alleviate some gamers headaches.
Here are the details outline by DICE (h/t GameSpot)
MAJOR UPDATE: RIBBONS
You will now be able to collect Ribbons as you play. There are 20 different Ribbons to collect, and each time you get a Ribbon you also receive a 300XP. The Ribbons are designed to promote good teamplay and playing the objective. If you have suggestions for other Ribbons you’d like us to add, we’re always listening! This is just the beginning.
MAJOR UPDATE: ELITE CODICES
- It is now possible to unlock an Elite Codex for eight of the available primary weapons in the game. All you need to do is get 500 more kills per applicable weapon. Not only will you get a shiny Elite Codex, but you will also be awarded 25,000 bonus XP. Not bad when you’re chasing those new Class Ranks.
MAJOR UPDATE: CLASS MAX RANKS
- The new max Class Rank will now be 50. At every 10 new Class Ranks you’ll receive a Battlepack, and when you hit 50, you will be granted some extra nice Class flair in the kill card to taunt your fallen foes. There will also be Dog Tags that you can unlock as you progress towards max Class Rank 50.
MAJOR UPDATE: SERVERS
With the Winter Update we’re releasing some highly anticipated rent-a-server features. RSP admins will now be able to kick players from their server using the in-game UI, or swing a mighty ban hammer if someone is misbehaving. RSP admins will now also have prioritized access to their server.
- On top of this, we’ve added the feature to vote for the next map after a match is over. Players on the server will get two options to vote for, and whichever alternative gets the most votes will be the next map. The options will be randomly selected from the server’s map rotation. This is done during the end of round screen, so no extra time between rounds has been added.
- Fixed some parts of vehicles that were improperly placed in front of 1p cameras when taking or repairing damage to them.
- Fixed tank driver weapon visuals not functioning correctly for other players when the driver uses a 3p camera.
- Fixed an issue where the Heavy Tank would not show on the minimap when firing.
- Reduced the cooldown of gas abilities on vehicles from 30-32s to 25 seconds to make up for reduced gas duration.
- Fixed issue where multiple tanks could become available to a team when they shouldn’t be.
- Fixed an issue where the Warbond symbol overlapped the amount of available warbonds in Arabic language.
- Fixed an issue where the kill log would be visible in the deploy screen in Hardcore mode.
- Fixed an issue where player nametag would not show in the kill log for some type of kills.
- Improved the logic for fading out crosshairs and UI when aiming down sights.
- Fixed English spelling error for magnification.
- Kit rank progress bar now becomes invisible once you reach max rank.
- Vehicle selection is now disabled while the preround countdown is running in order to provide a more fair selection process for vehicles.
- Increased the time for re-selecting invalid deploy points from 3 to 10 seconds to avoid 100% automatic reselection when squad members are under fire.
- Fixed issue where amount of warbonds could overlap UI container.
- Fixed issue where XP boost could overlap UI container.
- Fixed an issue where players would join an Operation when it had progressed too far, almost at the end.
- Improved performance in the menu system.
- Tweaked design of friends list.
- Player will now track first medal by default.
- RSP server information will now display owner of server.
- Now sorts regular servers below RSP servers in the server browser.
- Added server information in …-menu.
- Fixed a bug where joining server animation started twice when joining server.
- Fixed a bug where the user remained in hang after failing to join a server.
- Fixed a bug where the tracked medal was not highlighted.
- Fixed a bug where players were unable to see the highlighted text in end of round.
- Fixed a bug where players were prompted with “Matchmaking failed” when switching between Quickmatch modes.
- Fixed a bug where the party hub did not update party members.
- Fixed a bug where stats required reentering the weapons page to update.
- Fixed a bug where players were unable to invite to party from comcenter after booting the title via party game invite with a 6+ people party.
- Fix animation issue on personalized recommendation cards.
- Fixed a bug where personalized recommendation cards would not fade.
- Fixed a bug where the context menu was misaligned when the user clicked on it for the first time.
- Fixed a bug where the highlight was broken after the user selected a vehicle with service star in the vehicle tab.
- Fixed a bug where players were left in hang when dismissing the “Matchmaking Failed” while the “you have no scraps” prompt was active in loading screen.
- Fixed a bug where players could scroll using “R” in the comcenter on console.
- Fixed a bug where the end of round countdown stopped when quickly navigating through the tabs.
- Fixed a bug where the mouse scroll did not work in list of recommendation cards.
- Fixed a bug where content moved around in the menu when players were spamming down on the d-pad.
- Fixed a bug where players entered an unplayable state when attempting to join a game session via the Xbox friend’s tab.
- Fixed a bug where it was not possible to inspect skins in the Inventory.
- Fixed a bug where Standard Battlepack real-money price sometimes did not show up.
- Fixed 7 UI related crash bugs.
- Fixed several localization issues.
- Fixed an issue with floating debris after destroying a table.
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck in a table.
- Player will no longer clip through the visual mesh of windmill interiors.
- Grenades and dynamite will no longer fall through the floor of the windmill balcony.
- Removed flickering effect on tall wooden fences.
- Destruction fixed between tall wooden fence parts.
- Fixed Conquest spawn locations on Suez. Moved one up so player no longer spawns underground, moved another out of a tree.
- Fixed issue where underwater sounds could get stuck on land.
- Fixed issue where the player could move on top of the map on Argonne Forest.
- Fixed issue where Hint Line for train did not disappear after performing indicated action or even leaving the behemoth on Conquest, Suez.
- Side gun meshes weren’t rendering for 3p spectators depending on which weapon was used and if that particular seat was spectated.
- Fixed an issue with the “Tankghewehr 1918” Elite weapon replenished ammo after picking up any dropped weapon kit.
- Bayonet charge kills should now properly award service stars.
- Fixed illogical behavior when using K Bullets with the Martini-Henry.
Tweaked post reload delays to better match animations on the following weapons:
- Cei-Rigotti 0.4 to 0.6 s.
- Mondragon 0.5 to 0.5667 s.
- Selbstlader 1906 0.8 to 1.0667 s.
- Bodeo 1.1 to 1.0 s.
- Bulldog 1.0 to 1.1 s.
- Increased long reload time of Autoloading 8 .25 Extended from 2.9 to 3.066 s.
- Improved Selbstlader 1906 aimed accuracy, reduced recoil and decreased spread.
Increased horizontal recoil by 14.3%:
- Automatico Trench
- Hellriegel Factory
- M1909 Storm
- Madsen Storm
- MG15 Storm
- BAR Storm
- Increased horizontal recoil of Lewis Optical and M1909 Optical by 10% when ADS.
Reduced horizontal recoil of some self-loading rifles:
- Autoloading 8 0.6 to 0.4.
- Cei-Rigotti 0.64 to 0.56.
- M1907 SL 0.84 to 0.7.
- Upped recoil decrease of “Low Weight” SLRs from 6 to 7.
- Increased damage of the Martini-Henry between 30 and 80 meters slightly.
- Reduced the damage of impact grenades from 80 to 72″
Tweaked the damage behavior of the 12 g Automatic shotgun to balance all variants better against each other:
- Extended: Increased pellet cone from 1.6 to 1.8 degrees. Should now two hit kill a healthy target up to about 18 meters.
- Backbored: Reduced pellet cone from 1.28 to 1.2 degrees. Should now two hit kill a healthy target up to about 19 meters.
- Hunter: Reduced pellet cone from 1.28 to 1.2 degrees. Should now two hit kill a healthy target up to about 21 meters.
- All: Moved out damage dropoff by 1 m and added damage curves.
- Model 10-A Slug changes:
- Reduced aimed dispersion from 0.3 to 0.24 when stationary and from 0.50 to 0.48 when moving.
- Increased muzzle velocity from 380 to 420.
- Reduced damage against gut, arms and legs.
- Added ability to kill a healthy target with shots to the gut or upper arms within 8 meters.
- Increased lethal range from chest shots from 10 to 11 meters.
- Evened out recoil direction.
- Increased No.3 Revolver rate of fire in ADS from 119 to 138.
- Added missing tiered reloading to flash flares.
- Fixed Selbstlader 1906 and GasserM1870 last round fired animations for accuracy.
- Fixed Gasser round-in-cylinder rotation during reload loop.
- Fixed slide travel on several automatic pistols during fires and reloads.
- Fixed hammer position of Mars pistol during reload.
- Fix of Auto Revolver reload interrupt tiers and speedloader visibility.
- Removed visual recoil from ADS fire anims on Mle 1903, Pieper Carbine, 1903 Experimental.
- Fixed issue with tiered reloading in the Mle 1903.
- Corrected Frommer Stop Auto magazine capacity from 14+1 to 15+1.
- Corrected errors in moving dispersion for crouched hipfire on shotguns.
- Retune of Revolver No 3 reload audio to match new animation. Added hammer cocking to ADS firing animation.
- Retune of Luger1906 Reload Audio to match new animation.
- Automatico M1918 sometimes showed the wrong name (it was called Modello 1918 in a few places).
- The Tankgewehr now resupplies 4 rounds at once.
- Made damage of the Russian 1895 Trench and Horse drop slower to give them a slightly better 2 hit kill range.
- Retuned audio on Gasser reload to match new animation. Added hammer cock/decock to Deploy and Undeploy to match animation.
- Fixed an issue in Spectator where a 1P overlay appears for spectators viewing players in fortress guns in 3P or when spectating the artillery truck driver in 3P while the driver zooms.
- New button added in Spectator mode to view the gamer card of a spectated player.
- Added button labels to the view modes in Spectator mode for PS4/Xbox One.
- Bayonet recharged sound could trigger from any soldier on spectator clients. This should now only occur for spectated soldiers.
- Added extra check for “not team neutral” to gate announcer VO when in Spectator mode Freecam or Tabletop views.
- Added gates to Impaired Hearing Mixer, Low Health Mixer, Gas Supression Mixer to not activate for spectators in freecam/tabletop view.
- Added extra checks for Low Health and Gas Supression SFX/mixers to start if spectator enters player view while SFX/mixers should be active.
- Possession announcer VO will now not play for freecam and tabletop spectators.
- Fixes Pre-EOR music not activating for spectators (all game-modes).
- Gated “Lost Objective” VO to not play for spectators in Conquest/Operation/Domination.
- Fixed corrupted VFX when players shoot the Flare Gun in all camera modes.
- Fix for parts of the train disappearing while spectating a player in the train in 3rd person or director.
- Fixed the Spectator boundaries to be the same as the plane boundaries on Giant’s Shadow.
- Fixed a spectator bug with the behemoth icon staying at the center of the screen if you exit player view mode before it is moved to the final position at the top of the screen.
- Fixed an issue where the option “show player outlines”/Squad Pin stopped working when switching through players.
- Fixed an issue where the player could not select the numbered freecam they were just on from a drop camera.
- Fixed a bug where Battlepacks and Medals were present in loading screen when joining as Spectator.
- Fixed a bug where players did not receive the option to join friend as spectator on consoles from comcenter.
- Improved cavalry victim experience. You should no longer get killed by cavalry using a saber from multiple meters away.
- Fixed errors where Elite Kits had unintentionally high health regeneration delays and carried too many grenades.
- Increased the threshold for suppression effects to prevent suppression from occurring too early.
- Reduced gas duration from 22 to 15 seconds.
- Tweaked suppression effects and low health visuals.
- Fixed VO issue in Rush when defenders have interacted with telegraph to send enemies coordinates.
- Fixed PC custom keybindings not properly remapping for Behemoths.
- Reduce maximum displacement of high ping players when missing updates.
- Fixed huge extrapolation times for good connections after frame spikes.
- Added custom game setting to toggle Behemoth.
- Added custom game setting to toggle Squad Leader Only Spawn.
NHL7 years ago
SportsRantz All-Star Snubs Roster
MLB2 years ago
Pablo Sandoval Is Reportedly Reuniting With The San Francisco Giants
MLB2 years ago
Mets Make The Smart Decision To Commit To Yoenis Cespedes Long-Term
NFL2 years ago
Cameron Brate: The League’s Hot New Fantasy Tight End
NHL2 years ago
Have a deep talk with the young prospects about drugs
NHL2 years ago
A lot of hockey teams training wrong?
Arizona Cardinals2 years ago
2016 NFL Season Week 14 Pick ‘Ems
Houston Rockets2 years ago
Houston Rockets Target Donatas Motiejunas Is Being Hustled By His Agent