Week seven saw some teams getting much-needed wins and some shockers, here are my winners and losers.
- Oakland Raiders: Quarterback Derek Carr threw for 417 yards and three touchdowns, including two to wide receiver Amari Cooper, who also had 211 receiving yards. Carr’s game-winning touchdown pass to wide receiver Michael Crabtree with no time left as the Raiders edged the Kansas City Chiefs 31-30 in a thriller. Raiders get a huge win in the AFC West.
- Buffalo Bills: Running back LeSean McCoy rushed for two touchdowns. Kicker Stephen Hauschka’s 30-yard field goal with 14 seconds left helped the Bills rallied to defeat the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 30-27.
- Miami Dolphins: Quarterback Jay Cutler left with an injury, Matt Moore led the Dolphins’ comeback as they scored 17 unanswered points defeating the New York Jets 31-28.
- New Orleans Saints: Saints held off the Green Bay Packers 26-17 in a road away win.
- Los Angeles Rams: The defense caught two interceptions and kicker Greg Zuerlein had four field goals as the Rams shutout the Arizona Cardinals 33-0 in London.
- Los Angeles Chargers: Quarterback Phillip Rivers threw for two touchdowns. The defense had five sacks. Wide receiver Travis Benjamin had a 65-yard punt return for a touchdown as the Chargers tamed the Denver Broncos 21-0.
- Philadelphia Eagles: Quarterback Carson Wentz threw for 268 yards and four touchdowns as the Eagles pulled away from the Washington Eagles 34-24, the Eagles are 6-1, the best record in the NFL.
- Kansas City Chiefs: The Chiefs gave up too many big defensive plays late in their loss to Oakland.
- Carolina Panthers: Quarterback Cam Newton threw a pick six and was sacked five times, as they couldn’t get their offense going in their loss to the Chicago Bears 17-3. Panthers continue to struggle.
- Arizona Cardinals: They lost quarterback Carson Palmer to a broken arm and the Cardinals were held to 25 rushing yards in their loss to the Los Angeles Rams.
- Green Bay Packers: Drops came back to bite the Packers in their loss to New Orleans.
- Denver Broncos: Though the defense had five sacks, their offense was 3 for 14 on third downs which stalled drives in their loss to the Los Angeles Chargers.
- Atlanta Falcons: They just couldn’t get their offense going losing to the New England Patriots 23-7.
Storylines Going Into Week Eight:
Oakland travels cross-country to play Buffalo. The Los Angeles Chargers also travel East to meet New England. Chicago meets New Orleans. Two struggling teams in the NFC South clash as Carolina battles Tampa Bay.
Seattle hosts Houston. Dallas and Washington face each other in the NFC East. In an inter-conference match-up, Pittsburgh goes to Detroit.