Sports Rants® is looking for professional, passionate, insightful and dedicated sports fans to join their writing team. If you have a talent for writing, a passion for sports and you’re looking to grow within the sports media industry, you may be a great fit for the Sports Rants Contributor Team.
To be considered for a writing position with Sports Rants® you must possess a strong writing ability, attention to detail and demonstrate the ability to consistently produce thought provoking content.
In return Sports Rants® offers a powerful website optimized for visibility on Social Media & in Major Search Engines, Internet Marketing Content Training & Information, exposure via our marketing channels as well as a chance to develop your professional profile on a unique online media brand. Additionally you can generate revenue by monetizing your content.
We use multiple effective avenues for exposure and circulation of our content (Read more)
Over the years, our brand & content has been found on:
We want Contributors who love talking sports and enjoy creating sports content.
If you are interested please continue reading and follow the steps outlined below to Formally Submit Your Contributor Application (below)
- Must be active on SportsRants.com and a visible member in our community by participating in forum discussions. Find our Forums here
- Must be able to write a minimum of 1 post per week (500 word minimum)
- 500 word minimum per article
- Content: Game reaction pieces, High-traffic topics, Analysis or Opinion based articles, all in professional writing style & format.Tone Of Articles: Support all points with statistics. Utilize interview quotes when needed.
- Each article must be Grammatically Correct with Proper Punctuation, Display & Professionalism
- Each opinion based article must be supported by statistics and information to support the opinion.
- Each Article must follow the Steps of our Video Tutorial (which is emailed after you are setup as a Contributor)
- Must use social outlets to market the content you post
- Articles must be 100% unique and exclusive to SportsRants.com (No reposting of any article on any other website or section.)
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be active in our Community (using Sports Rants as you would Twitter/Facebook) interacting with members, leading discussions and building your presence via our website.
- Must download the Sports Rants mobile app which is FREE. The app has functionality similar to Facebook & Twitter and is a great outlet for your constant sports talk. This is a tool to help you build your image, create popularity and build your reputation.
- Must have a professional social media profile & presence. No offensive or derogatory social media profiles or conduct
- You agree that all Content produced and published is the sole property of Sports Rants®
- Must utilize all elements of SEO which are outlined in detail in our acceptance email
- Must NOT utilize articles for content links for personal websites, social media profiles or for paid content link advertising. If you plan on monetizing your content you must use an approved Advertising/Affiliate Network.
- Mention of Contributing to Sports Rants on your Twitter Profile (ex: @SportsRantsNFL, @SportsRantsNBA, @Sports_Rants)
- You Agree that Setting Up and All Managing of your Advertising is 100% Your Responsibility
- You agree not to use profanity or to make inflammatory statements about race, religion or culture. You agree that violating this can result in legal action from Sports Rants
- You Agree not to Plagiarize or Infringe on Any Copyrights or Trademarks, Defame or Personally Attack any individual, race or group and any violation of these terms you are 100% legally responsible for.
In the event you cannot contribute or meet the above requirements, you must let Sports Rants know via email.
We find creative freedom to be a catalyst for great content. Therefore, feel free to cover any team, player or topic within your chosen sport.
You can choose to cover multiple sports and contribute to multiple sections of our site. Doing so will require 1-2 articles per week per section.
Profit & Revenue: Making Money
We believe you should be rewarded for the work your put in to your articles. Therefore we allow you to sell advertising on your articles, provided they are not Porn, Betting or Gambling related.
Keep 100% of the advertising revenue you generate. No splits. No shares. The more work you put in to sharing your work and generating popularity, the more money you can potentially make.
A simple online search can find you a large amount of ad networks, please be sure to find one that allows you to paste HTML code and test accordingly with your posts.
Many other ad networks can be found and utilized as well. Simply use Google or Bing to locate them.
NOTE: In the event a code does not work, you must contact that code provider for a solution. If one cannot be found, then try another ad network
NOTE: Google Adsense cannot be used. Chitika issues are to be resolved at a later date.
How our content is promoted/marketed/circulated: Click Here
How to Apply
If you want to apply to become a contributor, please follow the following steps exactly:
- Create a Profile on SportsRants.com (you have the option to start your own blog if you would like) TIP: use your full name as your username and add a profile picture.
- Send your Resume, a Sample of Your Writing (required), Sports Rants Username and Twitter Handle (if you have Twitter) to firstname.lastname@example.org – Also include “I agree to the terms” outlined on this page in the text. This tells us you agree to meet our requirements.If you do not have a Writing Sample create a blog on Sports Rants and write 3 articles to showcase your abilities.
- In the Subject line of the email please include the one sport you would like to cover. As you develop consistency and presence on Sports Rants we can explore adding you to other sections as well. Start with one sport and work your way up. You can discuss any topic, team or player within that sport for your articles.
- Let Us Know Which Sport(s) You Plan On Covering (No Limits)
- Download the Sports Rants Mobile app after creating your profile. Confirm you have this downloaded on your phone when applying
- Log into Sports Rants, join the Forums for your favorite teams and start a discussion
- Follow our social media accounts –> Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
We will review your resume & writing sample. If you are approved, we will email you with the additional steps. Once completed we will set you up as a Contributor (usually within 24-72 hours) and email you with our Instructional Video and information on getting started.
If you are not selected, you can utilize Sports Rants to build your own sports blog and brand. . Click Here for more information on that and Reasons to Blog Using Sports Rants use our Blogging Tutorials to get started
If you are approved and added to the team: Although you are a contributor to Sports Rants, you are not an official representative, employee or do not speak for Sports Rants or the brands associated with Sports Rants. Your opinions are strictly yours.
Sports Rants® was founded in 2011 by Anthony DiMoro. The vision of Sports Rants is to provide a unique & innovative social format to discuss sports with the popular features of numerous social media communities. Sports Rants’ goal is to be the next innovation of sports talk and the ultimate place for you to rant sports
Sports Rants is also the home of a respected and highly-regarded SEO/Internet Marketing Company, Elite Rank Media which is a top Miami Marketing and Miami SEO company established in 2009, offering national and global marketing solutions. Elite Rank Media is an award-winning internet marketing company who has been recognized for superior services and exceptional Medical Marketing services such as their plastic surgery marketing options. Not only do they offer industry specific internet marketing solutions such as Lawyer SEO, Veterinary SEO and Dental SEO, but they also offer services for any and all industries in the local, national and global online markets.
Elite Rank Media is led by Anthony DiMoro, Sports Rants founder, who is regarded for his proficiency in Internet Marketing, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Social Media Optimization, Reputation Management, Sports Marketing , Sports SEO, Athlete Reputation Management and various aspects of Digital Media. Anthony is en experienced national, global and Miami SEO Consultant & Specialist.
Elite Rank Media handles all of the online marketing and SEO efforts for Sports Rants and it’s sub-sections. No other sports website within our direct industry rivals or comes close to our SEO quality.
This gives us incredible advantages in visibility, traffic and competition. These benefits trickle down to our contributors, members and the brands who are present & active on Sports Rants. Truly, the next innovation in sports talk.