It has been almost three full seasons since Daryl Washington has been able to play an NFL football game. Washington received his indefinite suspension from the NFL on May 30, 2014 after he served a four-game suspension in 2013. On April 25, 2017, he was finally reinstated.
He played his first three and three-quarter seasons with the Arizona Cardinals, who subsequently released him on May 11, 2017. Does he have a future in the NFL? Can he pick up where he left off?
He was a great, young player when he was on the field. In his lone 16-start season (2012), he compiled 134 tackles, 9 sacks, 1 pick, and 2 forced fumbles. He made the Pro Bowl that season, then dealt with a series of career changing suspensions.
Washington claims he’s in the best shape of his life, a common claim among players who are forced to step away from the game.
Now that he has a fresh start, where does he fit in best?
The short answer: any team that needs a middle or inside linebacker. He’s only 30 years old, and that’s after three years of rest. He should have a Grand Canyon sized chip on his shoulder, too. He will end up being a steal for whichever team he lands on this season.
- If Washington has enough in the tank to be “the guy” in the middle of a defense, then Oakland would be the best spot for him. We already know they take fliers on troubled players (Aldon Smith, Gareon Conley). Oakland employs a solid defensive front with DPOY Khalil Mack, Mario Edwards Jr., Bruce Irvin, and Justin Ellis. Add Washington in with them, a young secondary, and an offense that is within inches of being championship ready? This team could win a Super Bowl before they even move to Vegas.
- Just like with the Raiders, Washington would be joining a stellar defense that employs a DPOY in J.J. Watt, as well as a former no. 1 overall pick in Jadeveon Clowney. Although Houston seems set at inside linebacker with Benardrick McKinney and veteran Brian Cushing, Washington could easily replace Cushing in the starting lineup. Cushing had one of his worst seasons in 2016 and the team could be looking to upgrade if the opportunity fits. Houston’s defense is one of the best in the league, and they play in arguably the worst division in football, which should be attractive for a player like Washington. The catch: Houston’s offense is currently a question mark with a quarterback competition between Tom Savage and first-rounder Deshaun Watson.
- Washington would fit nicely with Jerry Jones and a star on his helmet. Dallas needs help on defense after this offseason. They lost three starters in the secondary, have a below average linebacking corps, and their pass rushers have dealt with suspensions recently. Washington would need to be a general in the middle of this defense. Is he ready to come back after a three-year hiatus and control a defense? Dallas was the epitome of an over achiever in 2016 on both sides of the ball. I can see the offense taking a step forward with the wunderkind QB and RB combo. The defense? It needs work. Washington can help.
- There’s really only one question left on this defense. The offense? A completely different story. Who will start next to C.J. Mosley? Zach Orr was phenomenal last year. Unfortunately, he had to retire due to health issues, which leaves a hole in the middle of the defense. Baltimore has added quite a few outstanding pieces to this defense this offseason. Dean Pees’ mouth has probably been watering throughout this entire offseason, beginning with the signings of Tony Jefferson, Brandon Carr, and Lardarius Webb, as well as the defense-heavy draft. Washington, who has had a domestic violence suspension, is a longshot to be signed by this team. But, for the sake of an attractive landing spot, Baltimore should be on Washington’s wish list.
Arizona Cardinals 2018 Season Preview
Last year in the desert, the Arizona Cardinals were one of three teams fighting for a playoff spot in the wild, wild NFC West. Thinking that with head coach Bruce Arians and Carson Palmer at quarterback the franchise felt like they could go far in 2017.
They finished the 2017 campaign with a record of 8-8 which was third in the NFC West. When the 2018 offseason finally began, veteran quarterback Carson Palmer decided to hang his cleats up after playing 14 seasons with three different teams.
Now, entering the 2018 NFL season the Arizona Cardinals are without Arians and Palmer. Steve Wilks is the Cardinals next head coach. As an NFL head coach, he has no experience but in college, he has a record of 5-6.
As for quarterbacks, they have four players on the quarterback depth chart and of the four quarterbacks, Sam Bradford and Mike Glennon are the two veteran quarterback. The Arizona Cardinals are looking for Sam Bradford to lead the Cardinals to the playoffs and hopefully the Super Bowl
The Arizona Cardinals begin the 2018 season at home against the Washington Redskins on September 9. As for that game, Here is how I think the Cardinals will do as I predict the 2018 schedule.
|2||At Rams||L||1-1 (0-1)|
|4||Vs. Seahawks||L||1-3 (0-2)|
|5||At 49ers||W||2-3 (1-2)|
|7 (TNF)||Vs. Broncos||L||2-5|
|8||Vs. 49ers||W||3-5 (2-2)|
|16||Vs. Rams||W||9-6 (3-2)|
|17||At Seahawks||L||9-7 (3-3)|
It is unclear if the Cardinals will make the playoffs, we will have to see how the other three teams will do.
Is Kurt Warner Coming Out of Retirement?
Is Kurt Warner coming out of retirement? On the Dan Patrick Show, Kurt called into the show and said that he would consider coming out of retirement and play in the NFL.
Warner talked to his family about returning and even contacted the Arizona Cardinals but at this moment, Arizona has not called back.
Kurt Warner’s football career started when Iowa Barnstormers of the Arena Football League signed him to the team. When he was with the Barnstormers, he won an AFL championship. Then, he became a backup in St. Louis until starting quarterback Trent Green went down. Now as the Rams starting QB, Warner, lead St. Louis to a Super Bowl title.
After spending 6 seasons with the Rams, Warner was the starter in New York with the Giants. However, he got benched in favor of rookie QB Eli Manning. Finally, from 2005-2009 he signed with the Arizona Cardinals where he leads the Cardinals to a Super Bowl birth.
Kurt Warner retired after the 2009 season joining the NFL Network as an analyst. With over 124 games played, 3200 yards, and about 200 touchdowns, Kurt Warner was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2017.
Would you like to see Kurt Warner back in the NFL?
One of Cowboys Wide Receivers is Going West In 2018
According to multiple sources, Cowboys Wide Receiver Brice Butler will not be with the team in 2018. Why may you ask? Because he was dealt with Arizona Cardinals due to Free Agency.
During the offseason, Butler went on shows like “Undisputed” on FS1 and then on NFL Networks’s “Total Access,” to tell teams (including the Dallas Cowboys) that he is a top wide receiver and if Dallas or whoever wants to pay him like one, then he would certainly play with that team. Well, apparently the Arizona Cardinals did.
At the age of 23, Butler went to the Oakland Raiders as an undrafted college free agent. During his years in Oakland, Butler was targeted 50 times and only completed 30 of the passes. Plus he only scored two touchdowns. Brice also played in 25 games and only started in 2 of them. Then in
Then in 2015, during his first season of free agency, Butler moved from the black and silver to the blue and silver as he signed a three-year deal with The Dallas Cowboys. During those three years, he had 43 receptions and 8 touchdowns. Butler also started more games than he did in Oakland, California. Now, in 2018, Butler is looking to continue to improve and look to take the Arizona Cardinals to a Super Bowl.
No word on how much the signing is but according to James Jones of NFL Network, the new contract with the Cardinals is a 2-year deal.
Richard Sherman San Francisco 49ers Gear<!– 1522779735362 –>
- NHL7 years ago
SportsRantz All-Star Snubs Roster
- MLB2 years ago
Pablo Sandoval Is Reportedly Reuniting With The San Francisco Giants
- MLB2 years ago
Mets Make The Smart Decision To Commit To Yoenis Cespedes Long-Term
- NFL2 years ago
Cameron Brate: The League’s Hot New Fantasy Tight End
- NHL2 years ago
Have a deep talk with the young prospects about drugs
- NHL2 years ago
A lot of hockey teams training wrong?
- Arizona Cardinals2 years ago
2016 NFL Season Week 14 Pick ‘Ems
- Houston Rockets2 years ago
Houston Rockets Target Donatas Motiejunas Is Being Hustled By His Agent