Week nine saw teams make statements and some chippiness. Here are my winners and losers:
1. Dallas Cowboys: Quarterback Dak Prescott threw for 249 yards and two touchdowns. He also rushed for a touchdown. Running back Ezekiel Elliott rushed for a touchdown as the Cowboys held off the Kansas City Chiefs 28-17.
2. Philadelphia Eagles: Quarterback Carson Wentz threw for four touchdowns. Running back Corey Clement rushed for two touchdowns. The defense caught two interceptions as the Eagles defeated the Denver Broncos 51-23.
3. Los Angeles Rams: Quarterback Jared Goff threw for 311 yards and four touchdowns. Running back Todd Gurley rushed for two touchdowns as the Rams dominated the New York Giants 51-17.
4. New York Jets: Running back Matt Forte rushed for two touchdowns. The defense had seven sacks as the Jets danced their way to an upset win over the Buffalo Bills 34-21.
5. Carolina Panthers: The Panthers did just enough to defeat the Atlanta Falcons 20-17.
6. Washington Redskins: Quarterback Kirk Cousins led his team down the field, capping off with running back Rob Kelley’s go-ahead touchdown with less than a minute left as the Redskins stunned the Seattle Seahawks 17-14.
1. Kansas City Chiefs: The defense gave up too many big plays late in their loss to Dallas.
2. Atlanta Falcons: A key drop touchdown pass by wide receiver Julio Jones was the game changer in their loss to Carolina.
3. Buffalo Bills: Quarterback Tyrod Taylor being sacked seven times were the Bills’ undoing in their loss to the New York Jets.
4. Seattle Seahawks: Despite having the advantage in first downs, total yards, and time of possession, quarterback Russell Wilson’s two interceptions and kicker Blair Walsh’s three missed field goals cost the Seahawks in a loss to Washington.
Storylines Going Into Week Ten:
Seattle hosts Arizona. New Orleans battles Buffalo. New York Jets travel to Tampa Bay. Minnesota plays Washington. Los Angeles Chargers meet Jacksonville.
Dallas battles Atlanta. Miami travels to Carolina.