In week 9 of the 2017 regular season, the Carolina Panthers and Atlanta Falcons squared off in meeting number one.
At Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, NC the Carolina Panthers defeated the Atlanta Falcons 20-17. Winning quarterback Cam Newton completed 13 of 24 passes, 137 yards, along with 86 rushing yards and 1 touchdown.
At 11-4 the Carolina Panthers are in the playoffs with the 5th seed. With a win in week 17, the Carolina Panthers would win the NFC South by doing one of the following.
- Carolina Panthers win and New Orleans Saints loss or tie
- Carolina Panthers tie and New Orleans Saints Loses
As for Matt Ryan, he finished the game with 24/38, 313 yards, 2 touchdowns, and an interception.
Entering the final week of the 2017 regular season, the Atlanta Falcons are sitting in the 6th seed with a 9-6 record. This week, they can clinch a playoff berth with one of the following:
- The Atlanta Falcons win against the Panthers
- Seattle Seahawks loses against the Arizona Cardinals
- The Atlanta Falcons tie and the Seattle Seahawks tie.
You can watch this epic matchup this Sunday at 3:25 central time on Fox and Fox Sports Go.