- Cleveland Cavaliers (6-0), Last Week’s Rank: 1. Lebron & Co. have gotten off to a 6-0 start to the season which is the best start in Lebron’s career.
- Los Angeles Clippers (6-1), Last Week’s Rank: 3. I really like this Clippers team if they can stay healthy & if Blake Griffin can prevent himself from punching a team trainer.
- San Antonio Spurs (5-2), Last Week’s Rank: 2. As long as Greg Popovich is head coach the Spurs will always be one of the best teams in the NBA.
- Golden State Warriors (5-2), Last Week’s Rank: 4. The Warriors in the last week has blown out the Thunder & Pelicans but also lost to the Lakers by 20. This team is going to be great when they figure things out.
- Toronto Raptors (4-2), Last Week’s Rank: 10. I am a firm believer that the Raptors will be the 2nd best team in the East just like they were last year.
- Oklahoma City Thunder (6-1), Last Week’s Rank: 6. Yeah the Thunder have started 6-1 without Kevin Durant but their roster isn’t that good & I don’t know if they keep winning like they are.
- Charlotte Hornets (5-1), Last Week’s Rank: 14. The Hornets could be an interesting team come playoff time if Kemba Walker is healthy.
- Atlanta Hawks (4-2), Last Week’s Rank: 7. The Hawks started off 3-0 so they drop a spot for me. I don’t know how good a team led by Dennis Schroder can be.
- Chicago Bulls (4-3), Last Week’s Rank: 5. The Bulls started off fast shooting 42.5% from 3 in the first week but since then they’ve fallen to 35.9% which isn’t terrible but I believe it will continue to fall.
- Utah Jazz (5-3), Last Week’s Rank: 18. The Utah Jazz have gotten Gordon Hayward back from injury & his impact has shown & I like the young core of this Jazz roster.
- Portland Trailblazers (4-3), Last Week’s Rank: 9. I like the duo of Damian Lillard & C.J McCollum but their team has shown weaknesses on defense that’s why they’ve dropped a couple spots for me.
- Milwaukee Bucks (4-3), Last Week’s Rank: 17. The experiment of Giannis Antetounmkpo at point guard has worked well so far with him averaging 21 points, 8 rebounds, & 6 assists per game.
- Houston Rockets (4-3): Last Week’s Rank: 12. James Harden has been really good to start the season at point guard but the Rockets refuse to play any defense.
- Detroit Pistons (4-3), Last Week’s Rank: 13. Stan Van Gundy always has his teams playing phenomenal on defense & Andre Drummond picked up from where he left off last year.
- Memphis Grizzlies (3-4), Last Week’s Rank: 8. The Grizzlies started off 2-1 & have lost 3 of their last 4 but with David Fizdale as head coach & Mike Conley leading the team the Grizzlies will be fine.
- Los Angeles Lakers (4-3), Last Week’s Rank: 22. The young core of the Lakers has to give Laker’s fans lots of optimism & it showed in the game against the Warriors where the Lakers won by 20.
- Boston Celtics (3-3), Last Week’s Rank: 11. I know the Celtics have not Al Horford available but I don’t think this team is as talented as people think.
- Denver Nuggets (3-3), Last Week’s Rank: 24. The Nuggets have looked pretty impressive the past week & we’ve been able to see the potential of Emmanuel Mudiay.
- Indiana Pacers (3-4), Last Week’s Rank: 19. This team has a few new pieces like Jeff Teague, Thaddeus Young, & Al Jefferson & if they can figure it out they could be a surprise team in the East.
- Orlando Magic (3-4), Last Week’s Rank: 27. The Magic’s young talent has looked better the past week winning 3 out of their last 4 games.
- Sacramento Kings (3-5), Last Week’s Rank: 16. The streak of Kings being in top 20 was short lived but Ty Lawson has given the Kings a little bit of a spark at the point guard position.
- New York Knicks (2-4), Last Week’s Rank: 15. The Knicks on paper would be a great team in 2011 but it’s not 2011. And can Joakim Noah be banned from taking jump shots???
- Phoenix Suns (2-5), Last Week’s Rank: 29. The Suns have a few good young players to look forward to. Devin Booker is going to be a superstar in the next couple years.
- Miami Heat (2-4), Last Week’s Rank: 21. This Heat team is hard to watch at times offensively. They go through tough shooting streaks that has caused them to lose their games.
- Minnesota Timberwolves (1-4), Last Week’s Rank: 20. This young Timberwolves team is just too good for me to believe that they won’t improve especially with Tom Thibodeau as head coach.
- Brooklyn Nets (2-4), Last Week’s Rank: 26. The Nets don’t have a particularly good roster but they’ve managed to pull out 2 wins.
- Dallas Mavericks (1-5), Last Week’s Rank: 25. It’s hard to imagine a Dallas team with Dirk Nowitzki being terrible but they’ve been just that & Nowitzki is out with injury right now.
- Washington Wizards (1-5), Last Week’s Rank: 23. This team has been really disappointing besides John Wall & I don’t see it getting much better with their mediocre roster.
- New Orleans Pelicans (0-7), Last Week’s Rank: 28. The only reason I have Pelicans ahead of the 76ers is because the Pelicans have Anthony Davis, the 76ers do not. But the Pelicans have arguably looked like the worst team in the NBA.
- Philadelphia 76ers (0-6), Last Week’s Rank: 30. If you’re a 76ers fan there’s not much to be happy about but Joel Embiid looks like he was definitely worth the wait. Trust the process.
Kings, NBA Announce Start of Joint Investigation into Allegations Against Luke Walton
The Sacramento Kings and the NBA have announced that they have started a join investigation into the allegations of sexual assault made by
Kelli Tennant, a former host on Spectrum SportsNet LA, in a civil suit filed against new head coach Luke Walton from alleged incidents back in 2014.
“The Kings and the NBA take these allegations very seriously and will collaborate to conduct a complete and thorough investigation,” the team and league said in a statement.
The Kings’ investigation will be led by Sue Ann Van Dermyden, the founding partner of Sacramento law firm Van Dermyden Maddux, and Jennifer Doughty, a senior associate attorney at the firm, while the league’s investigation will be led by Elizabeth Maringer, the league’s senior vice president and assistant general counsel, integrity and investigations.
Tennant held a news conference earlier this week to comment on the allegations to which Walton’s attorney responded by calling the allegations “baseless” and calling Tennat “an opportunist”.
Walton became the head coach of the Sacramento Kings immediately following his dismissal as head coach of the Los Angeles Lakers earlier this month.
Former NBA Player Sebastian Telfair Convicted in Gun Case, Faces 15 Years in Prison
Former NBA player and once highly touted young prospect Sebastian Telfair has been convicted of possessing a firearm and could face up to 15 years in prison, according to TMZ Sports.
Telfair, 33, was busted back in June 2017 in Brooklyn, New York after cops found several weapons in his possession during a traffic stop.
Telfair, a high school phenom, played for the Boston Celtics, Portland Trail Blazers, Los Angeles Clippers, Minnesota Timberwolves, Oklahoma City Thunder, Toronto Raptors, and Phoenix Suns, among others, throughout his 12 seasons in the NBA, but many believe that he never reached his full potential.
Telfair plead not guilty and tried to fight back the charges, but a jury found him guilty on Wednesday of felony criminal possession of a weapon.
Telfair, who could face up to 15 years in prison, is scheduled back in court in June for sentencing.
Sports Reporter Suing Kings’ Luke Walton for Sexual Assault Allegations
Sacramento Kings new head coach Luke Walton is already in the news, but for all the wrong reasons, and he has hired attorney Mark Baute to defend him against the allegations of sexual battery made by sports reporter Kelly Tennant, who is suing Walton.
According to TMZ Sports, Walton and his legal team are blasting the accuser, and Baute issued the following statement;
“Luke Walton retained me to defend him against these baseless allegations,” Baute said.
“The accuser is an opportunist, not a victim, & her claim is not credible. We intend to prove this in a courtroom.”
According to the suit, Tennant, who worked as a reporter for Spectrum SportsNet and SportsNet LA, claims that while Walton was an assistant coach for the Golden State Warriors, he asked her to come and meet him at the Casa Del Mar Hotel in Santa Monica, California, to drop off a book she had published.
Tennant says that she asked Walton to write the forward in her book due to a business relationship that the two had had for several years.
Upon arriving at Walton’s hote, he conviced her to come up to his room so that the two could “catch up” and upon arriving in his room Walton pinned her to the bed and placed his hips and legs over her body, forcing kisses on her neck, face, and chest.
Tennant claims that she screamed for him to stop and attempted to break free, but Walton held her down, groped her breasts and groin, and rubbed his erection on her leg.
Tennant claims she was “in shock and fear. She was afraid she was about to be raped,” the suit states.
Additionally, Tennant claims that when Walton finally stopped and released her he escorted her out of the hotel room as if nothing ever happened and she claims that “He smiled, laughed again and made the disturbing statement, ‘Good to see you,'”
The disturbing behavior allegedly continued while Walton was the head coach of the Los Angeles Lakers back in May 2017, and Tennant claims that Walton once greeted her by uttering “vulgar, guttural sounds at her” and said, “mmmm … you’re killing me in that dress.”
The Golden State Warriors, Los Angeles Lakers, and the Sacramento Kings all stated that they had no knowledge of the alleged incident during Walton’s tenure.
- NHL7 years ago
SportsRantz All-Star Snubs Roster
- MLB2 years ago
Pablo Sandoval Is Reportedly Reuniting With The San Francisco Giants
- MLB2 years ago
Mets Make The Smart Decision To Commit To Yoenis Cespedes Long-Term
- NFL2 years ago
Cameron Brate: The League’s Hot New Fantasy Tight End
- NHL2 years ago
Have a deep talk with the young prospects about drugs
- NHL2 years ago
A lot of hockey teams training wrong?
- Arizona Cardinals2 years ago
2016 NFL Season Week 14 Pick ‘Ems
- Houston Rockets2 years ago
Houston Rockets Target Donatas Motiejunas Is Being Hustled By His Agent