Connect with us

NFL

Colin Kaepernick, Eric Reid Settle Grievances with NFL in Collusion Case

Published

on

Former San Francisco 49ers quarterback and current free agent Colin Kaepernick and current Carolina Panthers safety Eric Reid have officially reached a resolution in regards to their grievances they filed against the National Football LEague.

Attorney Mark Geragos posted the following on Twitter, on Friday.

“For the past several months, counsel for Mr. Kaepernick and Mr. Reid have engaged in an ongoing dialogue with representatives of the NFL,” Geragos and the NFL said a joint statement issued Friday (h/t ESPN).

“As a result of those discussions, the parties have decided to resolve the pending grievances. The resolution of this matter is subject to a confidentiality agreement so there will be no further comment by any party.”

Kaepernick filed a grievance back in 2017 under the collective bargaining agreement alleging collusion against signing him to an NFL contract and has been able to land a job in the league since his release from San Francisco.

“We continuously supported Colin and Eric from the start of their protests, participated with their lawyers throughout their legal proceedings and were prepared to participate in the upcoming trial in pursuit of both truth and justice for what we believe the NFL and its clubs did to them,” the NFLPA said, via a statement issued on Friday.

“We are glad that Eric has earned a job and a new contract, and we continue to hope that Colin gets his opportunity as well.”

At this time no further details have been reported and the matter is subject to a confidentiality agreement, but according to Yahoo Sports’ Charles Robinson, sources previously told him Kaepernick would not withdraw his grievance unless a “lucrative settlement” was agreed upon.

Anthony DiMoro is the creator of Sports Rants and the CEO of Elite Rank Media and DiMoro Enterprises LLC. He is a former Contributor for Forbes and the Huffington Post where he covered sports, social media, and SEO. Anthony hosts the Anthony DiMoro Show podcast, and formerly hosted the 'Forbes SportsMoney Podcast'.

Buffalo Bills

Bills Put O.J. Simpson’s #32 Back in Rotation for First Time Since 1977

Published

on

O.J. Simpson

For the first time since 1977 the Buffalo Bills have put #32, the number famously associated with O.J. Simpson, back into circulation and new free agent signee Senorise Perry is now wearing the number during OTAs, according to ESPN.

“I thought it was retired, but then I was told it was available. Boom, I took it,” Perry said of the number, according to The Athletic.

“I know the situation. I know that greatness comes with that number, playing in Buffalo. But I’m willing to take anything that comes my way. I’m going into my sixth year, and I know what it takes to get in this league and stay here. With that number on my back, I know I’m doing well for my family.”

Simpson rushed for 10,183 yards and 57 touchdowns, leading the NFL in rushing four times during his nine seasons playing for the Bills, but his post-career life has been marred with numerous troubles with the law and his controversial trial, and outcomes, stemming from the murders of his ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend Ronald Goldman, which he was acquitted for in 1995, but found liable by civil court for wrongful death.

Simpson, 71, was sentenced to prison in 2008 for armed robbery and kidnapping after entering a Las Vegas hotel room to recover stolen memorabilia items, and paroled in 2017.

“Whatever they do is fine with me,” Simpson said, according to the Athletic. “That’s how I feel. When I played there, I tried to honor the team. Since I left, I always tried to honor the Bills.

“And, to be honest, it’s not something I think about. There’s too much else going on in life.”

Simpson’s number was never retired, although he is on the team’s Wall of Fame at New Era Field.

Continue Reading

NEWS

Bucs’ Jason Pierre-Paul Automobile Accident Blamed on Bad Weather

Published

on

Jason Pierre-Paul

A recent automobile accident the occurred in Broward County in South Florida involving Tampa Bay Buccaneers pass rushed Jason Pierre-Paul is being attributed to bad weather, according to TMZ Sports.

According to the report which cites a crash report that they had obtained regarding the accident, Pierre-Paul was driving a $350,000 Ferrari 88 Pista when he crashed into a concrete barrier back on May 2nd.

Officials believe that Pierre-Paul lost control of the car around 2:38 AM and collided with a concrete barrier on I-95 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, adding that there were no skid marks or debris found in the roadway. Officers did not believe that Pierre-Paul was under the influence of drugs or alcohol and did not test him for it.

In conclusion, officers believe “weather conditions”, more specifically wet roads, caused Pierre-Paul to lose control of the car and crash into the concrete barrier. Pierre-Paul and a passenger in his car were transported to a nearby hospital.

Pierre-Paul is considered likely to miss the entire 2019 NFL season after suffering a fractured neck due to the accident.

Continue Reading

Carolina Panthers

Panthers’ Greg Olsen Donates $2.5 Million to Pediatric Cardiac Center

Published

on

Greg Olsen

Carolina Panthers veteran tight end Greg Olsen, and his wide, recently made a $2.5 million donation to help establish the HEARTest Yard Pediatric Cardiac Center in Charlotte, North Carolina o expand access to vital therapies that improve survival rates and quality of life for children with congenital disease, according to an official announcement from the Atrium Health Foundation.

“While most know Greg Olsen as a Pro Bowl Tight End for the Carolina Panthers, we at Levine Children’s know him and his wife, Kara, as visionary leaders and champions for pediatric congenital heart disease,” said Stacy Nicholson, MD, president of Levine Children’s, as he announced the transformational gift, according to an official release.

Greg and Kara Olsen started the HEARTest Yard initiative in 2012, initially focusing on home health care for children with congenital heart disease. The Olsens have a son with a congenital heart defect. Back in 2017, the couple helped launch a cardiac neurodevelopmental clinic at Levine Children’s, which is currently one the few such clinics in existence in the United States.

“This new center will be a game changer for the children of the Carolinas,” said Nancy Dobrolet, MD, director of the cardiac neurodevelopmental clinic.  “Thanks to the Olsens, and their many supporters, we provide the best comprehensive cardiac care in the country for young heart patients.”

The HEARTest Yard Pediatric Cardiac Center, scheduled to open in 2021.

Continue Reading

Trending