Twitch is getting in the Super Bowl spirit today, ahead of Sunday’s big game, and are set to broadcast ‘Twitch Rivals Streamer Bowl II’, a Fortnite tournament that will feature NFL players, set to kick off today at 6pm EST on the official channel of Twitch Rivals.
Twitch saw over a trillion minutes watched in 2020 and on average there are more than 30 million daily visitors to the site, marking the extreme growth that twitch channels experienced last year. Twitch aims to have something for everyone and also welcome more people to the service and continue to expand the content they offer, as they are hopeful the growth they saw in 2020 will continue.
Throughout 2020, there was limited fan presence at in-person sporting events which helped Twitch become the place for people to come together, cheer on their teams and find community. In a way, the service was able to replicate the normal sports season buzz you get in the stadium, even from your couch. Twitch continues to look for new ways to partner with teams and organizations, introducing them and fans to a new kind of live sports entertainment.
Here are some of the top teams we have our eyes on, led by an all-star line-up of NFL players:
Skull Troopers: SypherPK, Arizona Cardinals QB Kyler Murray, and Committedg
Living Legends: Prospering, New York Giants RB Saquon Barkley, and akaseek
The Shotties: Clix, Chicago Bears RB Tarik Cohen (returning champ!), and Xacial
The event, which is a collaboration between Twitch Rivals, Fortnite, and the NFL Players Association, has teams competing for a share of the $1 million charity prize pool. Last year’s inaugural Streamer Bowl drew more than one million viewers and we’re expecting another massive audience this year. Check out the full list of teams below.
1. The Shotties: Clix, Chicago Bears RB Tarik Cohen, and Xacial
2. Beast Mode: Bugha, Atlanta Falcons QB Kurt Benkert, and dnspecfn
3. The Rumblers: StableRonaldo_, Philadelphia Eagles CB Avonte Maddox, and DrizzyFA
4. The Long Shots: scoped, Pittsburgh Steelers WR Juju Smith-Schuster, and bounce_maxo
5. Skull Rangers: Tocata, New York Giants CB Malcolm Elmore, and Zipknow
6. Winterset: Sommerset, New England Patriots TE Jake Burt, and axytal
7. Skull Troopers: SypherPK, Arizona Cardinals QB Kyler Murray, and Committedg
8. Team 2K: Reverse2K, Cleveland Browns QB Baker Mayfield, and UltimateGG_
9. The Hills: NateHill, Carolina Panthers RB Christian McCaffrey, and JonJon69
10. Benchwarmers: aircool, Los Angeles Chargers WR Keenan Allen, and grimfnx
11. Living Legends: Prospering, New York Giants RB Saquon Barkley, and akaseek
12. Block Party: Fresh, Minnesota Vikings WR Justin Jefferson, and Ritix
13. The Controllers: Aydan, Cleveland Browns WR Jarvis Landry, and Toomzy
14. GGs Only: EmadGG, Miami Dolphins WR Lynn Bowden, and Savixc
15. Pew Pew TV: LosPollosTV, Pittsburgh Steelers WR Chase Claypool, and CBearFN
16. Eh Team: NickEh30, Las Vegas Raiders WR Trey Quinn, and Dawnswrld
17. Loud Ones: Alixxa, Los Angeles Chargers RB Austin Ekeler, and jaceimdone
18. Three Amigos: ewokttv, Miami Dolphins LB Kyle Van Noy, and mojo1x
19. Washed Boomers: Tfue, Green Bay Packers RB Aaron Jones, and griffinmat
20. Time In: Ninja, San Francisco 49ers OL Corbin Kaufusi, and BeastAFK
21. The Huckleberries: ops1x, Arizona Cardinals RB Kenyan Drake, and 32wanted
22. Absolute Zeroes: Elded, Houston Texans DL Eddie Vanderdoes, and adanfnn
23. Quack Attack: DuckyTheGamer, Dallas Cowboys TE Dalton Schultz, and Senexfn
24. Chuggas Champs: Chap, Chicago Bears OL James Daniels, and prevalesfnbr
25. Aniquiladores: JuanSGuarnizo, Philadelphia Eagles LS Rick Lovato, and Code_cloutzzy
26. Cactus Club: Zemie, Atlanta Falcons WR Calvin Ridley, and Nevify
27. Team Losers: Loserfruit, Detroit Lions CB Amani Oruwariye, and crazyggs
28. Avocado Toast: Maddynf, Las Vegas Raiders S Johnathan Abram, and Nukey1x
29. The Cuties: sparkles_qt, Denver Broncos OL Graham Glasgow, and norcalnugz
30. Steamy Stackers: NICKMERCS, Cincinnati Bengals LB Logan Wilson, and aliens_fn
The event presents an opportunity for fans to connect and even chat with their favorite NFL stars and Twitch streamers. Last year the event saw a great turnout, with over one million people tuning in. Twitch is expecting another great turnout this year. Not to mention the charity prize also doubled this year, totaling to a $1M charity prize pool (winners get to select where the money is donated).