Sports Rants® is looking for professional, passionate, insightful and dedicated sports fans to join their writing team. If you have a talent for writing, a passion for sports and you’re looking to grow within the sports media industry, you may be a great fit for the Sports Rants Contributor Team® .
To be considered for a writing position with Sports Rants® you must possess a strong writing ability, be a self starter, attention to detail and demonstrate the ability to consistently produce thought provoking content on a regular basis.
In return Sports Rants® offers a powerful website optimized for visibility on Social Media & in Major Search Engines, Internet Marketing Content Training & Information, exposure via our marketing channels as well as a chance to develop your professional profile on a unique online media brand, spotlighting your work for audiences around the world. We are the only sports writing platform that offers SEO compensation for writers, so that their content and brand is more visible in search engines
Additionally, you can generate revenue by monetizing your content. We use multiple effective avenues for exposure and circulation of our content (Read more) and we allow writers to keep 100% of their ad revenue.
Coming Soon: we will be rolling out an accompanying podcast network to list, promote, and help market affiliated podcasts from Sports Rants contributors.
Since 2011, our brand & content has been found on: ESPN, Bleacher Report, Forbes, the Huffington Post, Deadspin, Fox, and many more nationally and globally recognized brands.
We seek Contributors who love talking sports and enjoy creating sports content, and can do so on a regular basis for our platform.
If you are interested, please continue reading and follow the steps outlined below to Formally Submit Your Contributor Application (below)
- Must be able to write a minimum of 2 posts per week
- Must be comfortable & experienced working with the WordPress writing platform.
- Content: Game reaction pieces, High-traffic topics, Analysis or Opinion based articles, all in professional writing style & format. Tone Of Articles: Support all points with statistics. Utilize interview quotes when needed.
- Use proper citations and reference source stories with links to articles and/or sources when applicable in articles
- Each article must be Grammatically Correct with Proper Punctuation, Display & Professionalism
- Each opinion based article must be supported by statistics and information to support the opinion.
- Each Article must follow the Steps of our Video Tutorial (which is emailed after you are setup as a Contributor)
- Must use social outlets to market the content you post
- Articles must be 100% unique and exclusive to sportsrants.com (No re-posting of any article on any other website or section.)
- Writers must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a professional social media profile & presence. No offensive or derogatory social media profiles or conduct
- You agree that all Content produced and published is the sole property of Sports Rants®
- Must use, and only use, images that are available in our Media Library
- Must NOT utilize articles for content links for personal websites, social media profiles, self promotion, social media promotion, or for paid content link advertising. If you plan on monetizing your content you must use an approved Advertising/Affiliate Network (example: Amazon Affiliate Network, Other Options, More Options).
- Mention of Contributing to Sports Rants on your Social Media Profile such as Twitter (ex: @SportsRants_)
- You Agree that Setting Up and All Managing of your Advertising is 100% Your Responsibility
- You agree not to use profanity or to make inflammatory statements about race, religion, politics or culture. You agree that violating this can result in legal action from Sports Rants
- You Agree not to Plagiarize or Infringe on Any Copyrights or Trademarks, Defame or Personally Attack any individual, race or group and any violation of these terms you are 100% legally responsible for.
- You agree not to use copyrighted and/or unlicensed/unauthorized images, and agree that you are legally responsible for any violations.
- You agree that, in the event you do use a licensed image for an article, that you are 100% responsible for any associated fees or actions and 100% accountable/liable.
- You agree to write, at minimum, 2 articles per week
In the event you cannot contribute or meet the above requirements, you must let Sports Rants know via email.
These are the areas we are looking for writers:
- Esports/Twitch/Streaming (priority)
- Pro Wrestling
- NCAA Football
- NCAA Basketball
- Sports Betting
Profit & Revenue: Making Money
You can get all of the details on monetizing content via ad providers and keep 100% of the ad revenue. Since you manage your partnerships and deals with ad vendors, you control 100% of your revenue.
Additionally, we are using award-winning SEO services to make your content and your work more visible in search engines such as Google, Yahoo, and Bing, as well as social media – which allows you to continue to hone your craft, build your body of work, and expand your writing resume.
How to Apply
If you want to apply to become a contributor, please follow the following steps exactly:
- Send your Resume, a Sample of Your Writing (required),Twitter Handle (if you have Twitter) to firstname.lastname@example.org – Also include “I agree to the terms” outlined on this page in the text. This tells us you agree to meet our initial requirements. You must have a writing sample, blogging/writing experience
- Follow our social media accounts
- Follow the Twitch channels where you will find our sports podcasts – Twitch.tv/gamactica
- We will review your resume & writing sample. If you are approved, we will email you with the additional steps. Once completed we will set you up as a Contributor (usually within 1-5 business days) and email you with our Instructional Video and information on getting started.
If you are approved and added to the team: Although you are a contributor to Sports Rants, you are not an official representative, employee or do not speak for Sports Rants or the brands associated with Sports Rants. Your opinions are strictly yours.
Sports Rants® was founded in 2011 by Anthony DiMoro. The initial vision of Sports Rants is to provide a unique & innovative social format to discuss sports with the popular features of numerous social media communities. Sports Rants’ goal is to be the next innovation of sports talk and the ultimate place for you to rant sports.
Sports Rants marketing is serviced by a respected and highly-regarded SEO/Internet Marketing Company, Elite Rank Media which is a top Fort Lauderdale SEO and Orlando SEO company established in 2009, offering national and global marketing solutions. Elite Rank Media is an award-winning internet marketing company who has been recognized for superior services and exceptional Medical SEO services such as their plastic surgery marketing options and services.
Elite Rank Media is led by Anthony DiMoro, Sports Rants founder, who is regarded for his proficiency in Internet Marketing, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Social Media Optimization, Reputation Management, and various aspects of Digital Media. Anthony is en experienced national, global and Miami SEO Consultant & Specialist and award winning Florida SEO expert, who has also been recognized for premier internet marketing services.
Elite Rank Media handles all of the online marketing and SEO efforts for Sports Rants and it’s sub-sections.
This gives us incredible advantages in visibility, traffic and competition. These benefits trickle down to our contributors, members and the brands who are present & active on Sports Rants. Truly, the next innovation in sports talk.
Keep in mind that if Sports Rants’ topic(s) are not of interest to you, we have a variety of other brands within our sports network. Choose from football, basketball, baseball, wrestling, hockey, video games, and even esports news, Twitch streamers, and there is even a section dedicated to female streamers, esports teams, game developer streams, a marketplace for streaming equipment, and even fitness streams, if you’re a gamer and/or streamer, with opportunities to join.