NFL Week 11: Winners and Losers
Week 11 saw some standout performances and a few surprises. Here are my winners and losers:
- Pittsburgh Steelers: Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger threw for 299 yards and four touchdowns. Three of those touchdowns went to wide receiver Antonio Brown, who also had 144 receiving yards. The defense caught four interceptions and had five sacks as the Steelers pulled away from the Tennessee Titans 40-17.
- Minnesota Vikings: Running back Latavius Murray rushed for two touchdowns. Wide receiver Adam Thielen had a touchdown catch and 123 receiving yards. Key defensive stops helped the Vikings defeat the Los Angeles Rams 24-7.
- Baltimore Ravens: The defense had six sacks and caught three interceptions as the Ravens shutout the Green Bay Packers 23-0.
- New Orleans Saints: The Saints came back from 15 down and scored 21 unanswered defeating the Washington Redskins 34-31 in overtime.
- Philadelphia Eagles: Quarterback Carson Wentz threw for two touchdowns. The defense caught three interceptions. The Eagles scored 30 unanswered points as they defeated NFC East rival Dallas Cowboys 37-10.
- Atlanta Falcons: The Falcons held off the Seattle Seahawks 34-31 to get a huge road win.
- Tennessee Titans: Quarterback Marcus Mariota’s four interceptions and being sacked five times stalled drives in their loss to Pittsburgh.
- Kansas City Chiefs: Questionable play-calling and turnovers were the Chiefs’ undoing as they were upset by the New York Giants 12-9 in overtime.
- Los Angeles Rams: They only had 45 rushing yards as their offense was tamed by Minnesota.
- Buffalo Bills: Benching quarterback Tyrod Taylor proved rather costly for the Bills as Nathan Peterman threw five interceptions including a pick six in the first half. The Bills couldn’t recover as they were hammered by the Los Angeles Chargers 55-24.
- Washington Redskins: Not being able to convert plays came back to bite the Redskins in their loss to New Orleans.
- Seattle Seahawks: A backfired fake field goal attempt came back to bite the Seahawks in their loss to Atlanta.
Storylines Going Into Week 12:
Minnesota visits Detroit. Can Cleveland get their first win in Cincinnati? Buffalo and Kansas City as the two teams try to bounce back. Both off byes, Carolina meets the New York Jets.
The Los Angeles Rams host New Orleans. Green Bay travels to Pittsburgh. Houston plays Baltimore.
Happy Thanksgiving to you all!!