With just a couple of weeks left in the regular season, teams are feeling the sense of urgency, some rose up to the occasion, while others didn’t. Here are my winners and losers:
- Tennessee Titans: They overcame turnovers and a failed two-point conversion with just a little over 3 minutes left. Kicker Ryan Succop’s 54-yard field goal as time expired helped the Titans upset the Kansas City Chiefs 19-17, keeping pace in the AFC South.
- New York Giants: Quarterback Eli Manning threw for two touchdowns that helped the Giants defeat the Detroit Lions 17-6.
- Indianapolis Colts: In another surprise, quarterback Andrew Luck’s two touchdown passes and running back Robert Turbin’s two rushing touchdowns helped the Colts dominate the Minnesota Vikings 34-6, don’t think anyone saw that coming.
- Oakland Raiders: Kicker Sebastian Janikowski’s four field goals including two crucial ones in the fourth quarter helped the Raiders defeat the San Diego Chargers 19-16 in a thriller. The Raiders clinch their first playoff berth in 14 years, party on Raider Nation.
- Seattle Seahawks: The Seahawks defeated the Los Angeles Rams 24-3, clinching the NFC West.
- Kansas City Chiefs: They were 4 for 14 on third downs, only rushed for 28 yards and an ill-advised timeout by head coach Andy Reid cost the Chiefs in their loss to Tennessee.
- Minnesota Vikings: Having only 34 rushing yards and turnovers stalled drives in their loss to Indianapolis.
- Detroit Lions: Red-zone turnovers were costly for the Lions in their loss to the Giants. They’re hanging on in the NFC North by a thread.
- Philadelphia Eagles: Incompletions and being only 8 for 18 on third downs were the Eagles’ undoing in their loss to the Baltimore Ravens 27-26.
- Jacksonville Jaguars: The Jags weren’t able to hold onto a 20-8 lead, ultimately losing to the Houston Texans 21-20. Jags fall to a disappointing 2-12 in a season that had promise, and they have since fired head coach Gus Bradley.
- Washington Redskins: Turnovers, being only 2 for 12 on third downs and having only 29 rushing yards doomed the Redskins in their loss to the Carolina Panthers 26-15. With the loss, Washington’s playoff hopes take a tumble.
Storylines for Week 16:
Remember 12 games will be played on Saturday, which is Christmas Eve.
There are multiple games with playoff implication, New York Giants play Philadelphia. In the AFC North, Miami faces Buffalo. Green Bay hosts Minnesota. Indy travels to Oakland. Tampa Bay goes toe-to-toe with NFC South foe New Orleans. Cincy battles Houston. Kansas City hosts Denver. Detroit goes to Dallas. While Baltimore faces Pittsburgh for the AFC North.
Season’s greetings everyone!!!
Raiders’ Antonio Brown Settles Lawsuit
New Oakland Raiders wide receiver Antonio Brown, who was acquired via trade from the Pittsburgh Steelers earlier this offseason, has struck a settlement with a man, Ophir Sternberg, that claimed that he nearly killed a toddle by throwing furniture off of a Miami apartment building balcony, according to TMZ.
In the lawsuit, Sternberg claims his 22-month-old son was walking around the pool at the high-end apartment complex back in April 2018 when suddenly “large objects started to fall from the building many floors above them.”
Sternberg claimed that Brown tossed everything from vases, an ottoman, and other pieces of furniture from the balcony and they landed within feet of the toddler.
Brown had denied throwing the items, claiming that it was another person who had access to his apartment on that day.
Police responded to the scene and reported that Brown was “very agitated” and yelling when they arrived, noting that people have been trying to calm Brown down.
The terms of the settlement were not disclosed.
Eagles’ Jalen Mills Arrested
Philadelphia Eagles cornerback Jalen Mills was arrested in Washington D.C following an altercation with Washington Wizards player Devin Robinson, according to the Associated Press’ Howard Fendrich (via the Washington Post).
Both men were charged with disorderly affray, which is described as fighting in a public place.
According to the Washington Post’s Candace Buckner, a verbal altercation broke out between the two that escalated into a physical fight that took place on the sidewalk.
Robinson was transported to a hospital following the fight with Mills and upon his release he was taken to to department’s 2nd District station where Mills was detained.
Mills and Robinson were “involved in a verbal altercation which escalated into a physical altercation on the sidewalk adjacent to the Opera Night Club” in the early hours of Saturday morning, according to the police report.
Both teams have since responded, with the Wizards essentially parting ways with Robinson due to the incident.
“We are aware of the incident this morning involving Devin and are disappointed in his actions. We will not extend him a qualifying offer for the 2019-20 season,” the Wizards said in a statement.
The Eagles issued a statement saying that they are “aware of the situation” and “continuing to gather more information.”
Mike Tannenbaum Joins ESPN
Following his run as Executive Vice President of Football Operations with the Miami Dolphins, and long-overdue dismissal following a disaster 2018 season, Mike Tannenbaum is joining ESPN, according to the Miami Herald’s Barry Jackson.
Tannenbaum will end up being ESPN’s replacement for Bill Polian, who retired from broadcasting to become a co-founder of the Alliance of American Football, which officially ended all operations last week.
Tannenbaum will make appearances on SportsCenter, NFL Live, and other ESPN productions in the build up to the NFL Draft and will also be a part of ESPN’s draft coverage during the 2019 NFL Draft.
At the end of the 2018 season, Tannenbaum was “reassigned” within the Dolphins organization, although no details were provided at the time and no information regarding his re-assignment have been made public since.
- NHL7 years ago
SportsRantz All-Star Snubs Roster
- MLB2 years ago
Pablo Sandoval Is Reportedly Reuniting With The San Francisco Giants
- MLB2 years ago
Mets Make The Smart Decision To Commit To Yoenis Cespedes Long-Term
- NFL2 years ago
Cameron Brate: The League’s Hot New Fantasy Tight End
- NHL2 years ago
Have a deep talk with the young prospects about drugs
- NHL2 years ago
A lot of hockey teams training wrong?
- Arizona Cardinals2 years ago
2016 NFL Season Week 14 Pick ‘Ems
- Houston Rockets2 years ago
Houston Rockets Target Donatas Motiejunas Is Being Hustled By His Agent