Week five saw some great performances and fantastic finishes. Here are my winners and losers:
- Green Bay Packers: Quarterback Aaron Rodgers led his team down the field and threw the game-winning 12-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Davonte Adams with 11 seconds left helping the Packers pull past the Cowboys 35-31 in a thriller. Aaron Rodgers, ladies and gentlemen.
- Seattle Seahawks: Quarterback Russell Wilson threw for a touchdown. The defense forced five turnovers as the Seahawks tamed the Los Angeles Rams 16-10. Seahawks get a key win in the NFC West.
- Carolina Panthers: Quarterback Cam Newton threw for 355 yards and three touchdowns. The defense had six sacks as the Panthers held off the Detroit Lions 27-24.
- Jacksonville Jaguars: Running back Leonard Fournette rushed for 181 yards and two touchdowns. The defense caught five interceptions including two pick sixes as the Jaguars stunned the Pittsburgh Steelers 30-9.
- New York Jets: Quarterback Josh McCown threw for two touchdowns. The defense caught two interceptions as the Jets defeated the Cleveland Browns 17-14. At 3-2, many Jets fans wanted them to tank this season, guess the team didn’t get the memo.
- Los Angeles Chargers: Quarterback Phillip Rivers’ go-ahead 10-yard touchdown pass to running back Melvin Gordon helped the Chargers defeat the New York Giants 27-22, getting their first win of the season, and snapped a nine-game losing streak dating back to last year.
- Dallas Cowboys: Cowboys learned once again to not leave Aaron Rodgers time left on the clock that led to their eventually loss to Green Bay.
- Los Angeles Rams: Despite having more first downs, turnovers stalled drives in their loss to Seattle.
- Pittsburgh Steelers: Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger’s five interceptions including two pick sixes were the Steelers’ undoing in their loss to Jacksonville.
- Buffalo Bills: Quarterback Tyrod Taylor was sacked six times. The Bills only had 221 total yards in their loss to the Cincinnati Bengals 20-16.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Questionable play-calling and kicker Nick Folk’s three missed field goals cost the Bucs in their loss to the New England Patriots 19-14.
- Oakland Raiders: The offense only had 245 total yards in their loss to the Baltimore Ravens 30-17.
Storylines Going Into Week Six:
Carolina hosts Philadelphia. Fresh off a bye, Atlanta hosts Miami. Green Bay travels to Minnesota. Detroit meets New Orleans. New England faces the NY Jets.
The Los Angeles Rams go cross-country to face Jacksonville. Can Pittsburgh rebound against Kansas City?
Oakland hosts the Los Angeles Chargers. Will the New York Giants get their first win against Denver?