Week five saw some great performances and fantastic finishes. Here are my winners and losers:
- Green Bay Packers: Quarterback Aaron Rodgers led his team down the field and threw the game-winning 12-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Davonte Adams with 11 seconds left helping the Packers pull past the Cowboys 35-31 in a thriller. Aaron Rodgers, ladies and gentlemen.
- Seattle Seahawks: Quarterback Russell Wilson threw for a touchdown. The defense forced five turnovers as the Seahawks tamed the Los Angeles Rams 16-10. Seahawks get a key win in the NFC West.
- Carolina Panthers: Quarterback Cam Newton threw for 355 yards and three touchdowns. The defense had six sacks as the Panthers held off the Detroit Lions 27-24.
- Jacksonville Jaguars: Running back Leonard Fournette rushed for 181 yards and two touchdowns. The defense caught five interceptions including two pick sixes as the Jaguars stunned the Pittsburgh Steelers 30-9.
- New York Jets: Quarterback Josh McCown threw for two touchdowns. The defense caught two interceptions as the Jets defeated the Cleveland Browns 17-14. At 3-2, many Jets fans wanted them to tank this season, guess the team didn’t get the memo.
- Los Angeles Chargers: Quarterback Phillip Rivers’ go-ahead 10-yard touchdown pass to running back Melvin Gordon helped the Chargers defeat the New York Giants 27-22, getting their first win of the season, and snapped a nine-game losing streak dating back to last year.
- Dallas Cowboys: Cowboys learned once again to not leave Aaron Rodgers time left on the clock that led to their eventually loss to Green Bay.
- Los Angeles Rams: Despite having more first downs, turnovers stalled drives in their loss to Seattle.
- Pittsburgh Steelers: Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger’s five interceptions including two pick sixes were the Steelers’ undoing in their loss to Jacksonville.
- Buffalo Bills: Quarterback Tyrod Taylor was sacked six times. The Bills only had 221 total yards in their loss to the Cincinnati Bengals 20-16.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Questionable play-calling and kicker Nick Folk’s three missed field goals cost the Bucs in their loss to the New England Patriots 19-14.
- Oakland Raiders: The offense only had 245 total yards in their loss to the Baltimore Ravens 30-17.
Storylines Going Into Week Six:
Carolina hosts Philadelphia. Fresh off a bye, Atlanta hosts Miami. Green Bay travels to Minnesota. Detroit meets New Orleans. New England faces the NY Jets.
The Los Angeles Rams go cross-country to face Jacksonville. Can Pittsburgh rebound against Kansas City?
Oakland hosts the Los Angeles Chargers. Will the New York Giants get their first win against Denver?
Raiders’ Antonio Brown Settles Lawsuit
New Oakland Raiders wide receiver Antonio Brown, who was acquired via trade from the Pittsburgh Steelers earlier this offseason, has struck a settlement with a man, Ophir Sternberg, that claimed that he nearly killed a toddle by throwing furniture off of a Miami apartment building balcony, according to TMZ.
In the lawsuit, Sternberg claims his 22-month-old son was walking around the pool at the high-end apartment complex back in April 2018 when suddenly “large objects started to fall from the building many floors above them.”
Sternberg claimed that Brown tossed everything from vases, an ottoman, and other pieces of furniture from the balcony and they landed within feet of the toddler.
Brown had denied throwing the items, claiming that it was another person who had access to his apartment on that day.
Police responded to the scene and reported that Brown was “very agitated” and yelling when they arrived, noting that people have been trying to calm Brown down.
The terms of the settlement were not disclosed.
Eagles’ Jalen Mills Arrested
Philadelphia Eagles cornerback Jalen Mills was arrested in Washington D.C following an altercation with Washington Wizards player Devin Robinson, according to the Associated Press’ Howard Fendrich (via the Washington Post).
Both men were charged with disorderly affray, which is described as fighting in a public place.
According to the Washington Post’s Candace Buckner, a verbal altercation broke out between the two that escalated into a physical fight that took place on the sidewalk.
Robinson was transported to a hospital following the fight with Mills and upon his release he was taken to to department’s 2nd District station where Mills was detained.
Mills and Robinson were “involved in a verbal altercation which escalated into a physical altercation on the sidewalk adjacent to the Opera Night Club” in the early hours of Saturday morning, according to the police report.
Both teams have since responded, with the Wizards essentially parting ways with Robinson due to the incident.
“We are aware of the incident this morning involving Devin and are disappointed in his actions. We will not extend him a qualifying offer for the 2019-20 season,” the Wizards said in a statement.
The Eagles issued a statement saying that they are “aware of the situation” and “continuing to gather more information.”
Mike Tannenbaum Joins ESPN
Following his run as Executive Vice President of Football Operations with the Miami Dolphins, and long-overdue dismissal following a disaster 2018 season, Mike Tannenbaum is joining ESPN, according to the Miami Herald’s Barry Jackson.
Tannenbaum will end up being ESPN’s replacement for Bill Polian, who retired from broadcasting to become a co-founder of the Alliance of American Football, which officially ended all operations last week.
Tannenbaum will make appearances on SportsCenter, NFL Live, and other ESPN productions in the build up to the NFL Draft and will also be a part of ESPN’s draft coverage during the 2019 NFL Draft.
At the end of the 2018 season, Tannenbaum was “reassigned” within the Dolphins organization, although no details were provided at the time and no information regarding his re-assignment have been made public since.
- NHL7 years ago
SportsRantz All-Star Snubs Roster
- MLB2 years ago
Pablo Sandoval Is Reportedly Reuniting With The San Francisco Giants
- MLB2 years ago
Mets Make The Smart Decision To Commit To Yoenis Cespedes Long-Term
- NFL2 years ago
Cameron Brate: The League’s Hot New Fantasy Tight End
- NHL2 years ago
Have a deep talk with the young prospects about drugs
- NHL2 years ago
A lot of hockey teams training wrong?
- Arizona Cardinals2 years ago
2016 NFL Season Week 14 Pick ‘Ems
- Houston Rockets2 years ago
Houston Rockets Target Donatas Motiejunas Is Being Hustled By His Agent